Thursday, June 11, 2015

welcome to cam country


Every day on my way to work I listen to The Bobby Bones Show. The past few days it's been all about #ILoveWomen AKA Women in Country Week. One thing I love about Bobby and his crew is how supportive they are of emerging country artists. You get your song played by Bobby Bones, you're going to be sitting pretty. Country fans like myself gravitate towards Bobby because even though he's not just a radio personality with a good voice. He's a real person and you feel that when you listen to his show. And how can you not love a radio show that does a Friday morning dance party?!

Alright, now that you all know how much I love The Bobby Bones Show, let's move on to the main reason for this post. Yesterday, as part of Women in Country Week, new country artist Cam visited Bobby in the studio, and this morning he played her single, "Burning House". I immediately pulled up Shazam on my iPhone so I could tag the song and buy her EP album once I got to work.

"Burning House" haunted me like no song has since the first time I heard my beloved duo, The Civil Wars. Cam can sing--no doubt about that. Her sound is deep, rich, and powerful with a touch of twang and legitimate pain. Cam, where have you been all my life?!

Her EP is titled Welcome to Cam Country, and I say welcome to country indeed. I can't wait to see where this girl goes. Bring on the music, Cam!

No comments:

Post a Comment