Monday, January 28, 2013

I feel pretty


Today I decided to feel pretty. I know that sounds strange but it's true. It's been awhile since I've truly felt like I look nice or have enough energy to put all my makeup on plus a nice outfit.

My sweet aunt gave me the iconic polka dot sweater from J.Crew for Christmas. Dream come true. Until today it has sat unworn, neatly folded in its plastic wrapper inside my closet.

My aunt has asked me several times since returning home from Christmas, "So have you worn your sweater yet?" Each time I have replied "no" that I was saving it for a day when I felt put together and confident. I didn't want to waste a special sweater that has to be dry cleaned on a blah, regular day.

Well, Christmas was over a month ago. The blissful day of beauty and confidence I've been waiting for had yet to materialize. So I decided that today--a Monday no less---was the day. Time to put on my fantastic, prized possession and wear it with pride.

Sometimes you have to choose your emotion rather than succumb to reality. You can choose to feel beautiful in your own eyes even if your head tells you otherwise.

What helps you feel pretty? How do you improve your self-worth?

1 comment:

  1. Fuscha is definitely your color.....yes indeedie you do look Pretty....ravishing....sexy....stunning....pick your descriptive..

    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete