Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Y'all ready for this?


Y'all ready for this? I don't know if you can handle it. Donuts. Ice cream. Together? Say what?

Firecakes has been receiving a lot of press ever since they debuted these scrumptious treats last month. They even extended their hours to accommodate the rush.

Last night, my friend Irish and I finally tried our very own donut ice cream sandwich. It was amazing. Absolute perfection. Party in my mouth.

The whole experience was over way too soon. I already want to go back and have another one. It's probably a good thing Firecakes is all the way downtown or I'd be there every night.

A donut ice cream sandwich will set you back $4 and let me tell you, it's well worth it. Nestled between glazed donut perfection is either vanilla or espresso ice cream with a drizzle of chocolate sauce. So simple and yet so good.

If you live in Chicago, go now. If you don't live in Chicago, get on a plane baby. They're that good. Follow my blog with Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment