Tuesday, September 17, 2013

an easy silence...

source
It's after midnight. I just said goodnight to a good friend and really need to catch some z's but I keep saying I'll make time for blogging and don't. The past few weeks have been rather hectic between moving to a new apartment and starting another quarter of grad school. But really, those are just excuses.

It's easy--too easy--to get caught up in the everyday hustle and bustle of life and not stop to reflect. Writing is how I process my emotions, thoughts, and experiences. Becoming a better writer takes practice and I don't get practice unless I make time for it.

Writing is a form of self-care for me. Self-care is a term which when heard I immediately used to turn my nose up in the air. However, my therapist is helping me learn and appreciate its intrinsic value in our lives.

If you don't set aside time to rejuvenate and find your center, you can easily become overwhelmed by the sheer need to survive. Your actions lose meaning and your life feels empty of purpose.

So right now I'm writing for the sake of writing. It feels good. I'm going to try harder to be more consistent with my writing and combat my biggest obstacle: time.

No comments:

Post a Comment