Monday, September 19, 2011

A rainy Sunday...

It's been a picturesque day for writing. Rain falling at varying speeds. My studio apartment void of silence thanks to cars surfing along wet pavement. The familiar scent of moist air filling my hungry lungs. Despite it all, this day has not brought the promise it possessed.

This weekend my hours were all backwards. Not being able to fall asleep until 2:00 am and not waking until noon. Missed church for the second week in a row.

This time it wasn't by conscious choice. Last week I didn't want to go. I was overwhelmed and scared. Slept through the day on purpose.

Today I was excited and ready to take it all on. No depression or anxiety to get the better of me.  I got up early, moved my car to a different parking spot, ate breakfast, and started to read my scriptures on my bed. Next thing I knew I was waking up at 1 pm. Church was over. I'd slept through the whole thing. So much for feeling the spirit and making new friends. Hello "epic fail".

Next week has to be third time's the charm. No excuses or mishaps allowed.
(photo source)


No comments:

Post a Comment