Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Wednesday Wisdom...


I've been in Chicago for over a week. All of my IKEA furniture is assembled. I've been to both of my classes once. Yesterday I got my first Chicago parking ticket. I started a new job today. My new life is slowly starting to take shape.

As I contemplate this major transition, a quote from the movie How Do You Know keeps coming to mind:

"I don't know if I have what it takes for everybody's regular plan."


Reese Witherspoon's character Lisa makes this comment while talking to George (Paul Rudd) about figuring out the next stage of her life. Everyone has their own journey. We know that. No one's life follows the same formula.

I'm serious. I feel things deeply. I'm not happy-go-lucky. I know I'm not invincible. I'm good at being alone. I've always been good at it. I feel like I'm always going away; that I don't get to stay in one comfortable place. Yes, many times that is my choice but it doesn't always feel like it.

This probably isn't making a whole lot of sense. That's what Reese's words are for...they embody what I'm feeling right now. A feeling that's been with me most of my life; one I'm still trying to figure out.

On another note, here's one more piece of Wednesday Wisdom from How Do You Know:

"We are all just one small adjustment away from making our lives work."

In more ways than one, I will continue adjusting until I get it right.

1 comment:

  1. Just found this post! Great Quotes!!! So True!! xoxo A

    ReplyDelete