Thursday, November 15, 2012

Thanks For...Hot Chocolate

I drink hot chocolate like it's going out of style. Summer. Spring. Winter. Fall. It doesn't matter.

My latest obsession is Starbucks' salted caramel hot chocolate. Party in my mouth. There's something about Starbucks that makes everything better. It's happiness bundled up in a cup for $3.55.

If I could afford it, I would buy a cup of hocho everyday. But instead, I have to curb my appetite and ration my spending. My expensive hot chocolate is intermingled with regular servings of nestle instant hot cocoa. Stephen's Gourmet is my favorite but they don't sell it in Chicago. I might just have to pick some up in Utah over Christmas.

I love hot chocolate!!

2 comments:

  1. Ingredients
    1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
    1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
    1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    6 1/2 cups hot water
    Mini Marshmallows (optional)
    Directions
    In a large saucepan, combine sweetened condensed milk, cocoa, vanilla and salt; mix well. Over medium heat, slowly stir in water; heat through, stirring occasionally. DO NOT BOIL. Top with marshmallows, if desired.


    Tip: Chocolate can be storedin the refrigerator up to 5 days. Mix well and reheat before serving.

    This is awesome homemade from Paula Deen.....ummmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salted caramel sounds amazing! I like to just put some Nesquik in milk and heat it over the stove!

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete