Friday, November 2, 2012

real life struggles...


It's strange to watch my parents struggle and feel intense emotional pain. I'm thousands of miles away and can't do anything to help them. Now I understand a little bit better how they must feel when I struggle.

I never imagined the country's economic downfall would invade my family's life. It was something I read about in the New York Times, not real life.

I want to sob and scream it isn't fair. My dad was the best employee in his department and he was the one who got laid off. My parents have lost their beautiful home.

For the past month my mom and dad, along with the help of church members and my brother and his husband, have been preparing to move to Utah. They'll be living with my aunt until they get back on their feet.

Right now the hardships seem to keep snowballing. In a way I feel like my parents are experiencing a version of what Jobe must have gone through.


I'm biased but my parents are some of the best people I know. They've endured substantial trials throughout their lives all with dignity and grace.

I know Heavenly Father is guiding them as they navigate this next phase of life. They know they've made the right decision. I do have faith that it will all work out--that my dad will find a good job and eventually my parents will own a home again.

I'm not totally devoid of peace but there are so many unknowns. It's a long and tough road ahead.
Peace and faith aide endurance but don't dissolve the pain and heartache.

Today is the day. It's finally arrived. The U-Haul is packed and the Fidler caravan is en route. We've all talked about it for the past two months but it doesn't feel real. Life is hard.

4 comments:

  1. I am so so sorry! How awful :( Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clarissa, I can't even imagine what that is like to watch from afar. I'm so sorry. God is carrying your family through this - don't forget that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your parents and the loss of their home. Yeah for Utah......additional great peeps will be moving here. It's a scary time, we are all just a few paychecks from this same predicament....

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many people are going through these difficult times. My dad just found a job after looking for a year and half with 5 siblings still living at home. Times are tough. I am so sorry that your family is going through this, but as I have seen with my family, if taken with faith like you are, it will result in stronger hearts. I know there are good things in store for you all. x

    ReplyDelete