Tuesday, May 15, 2012

I miss my friends...


I miss being around people who really know me; people who've been there through good times and bad. Friends with whom I share common experiences. Here in Chicago I've met some really nice people who are a lot of fun to hang out with, but few really know me. I don't expect or necessarily want a ton of people to know intimate details about my life, but I miss having a strong group of friends who love and understand things about each other.

I have one really good friend here and for that I am extremely grateful. She is in my program with me and is such a fun girl. We help keep each other sane. It's so nice having someone to share this grad school experience with who really gets it. The only other person with whom I've shared intimate details about my life has turned out not to be a very good friend. For whatever reason--I have no idea what--I've been dismissed by him. It really pisses me off and hurts, but I'm not sure how to handle the situation.

I'm going to Utah for Fourth of July. I'm so excited! I miss my college friends so much and the family I have there. Even though it's hard being thousands of miles away, I am still so grateful to have amazing people in my life. Sometimes I just wonder why I moved so far away. But, I'm doing my best to form a life here in Chicago. I know that even though my friends and I don't live in the same state we can still maintain our friendships. I didn't always realize that. I'm grateful for that new knowledge.

July can't come fast enough!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm Halle, and I write the Classic&Glam Blog. I recently stumbled upon our blog! I'd appreciate if you checked mine out as well. If you like it, please follow!

    I'm also hosting a very fun giveaway right now, so make sure to enter!

    Best,
    C&G

    ReplyDelete