Sunday, July 29, 2012

last weekend of July...


This Saturday I ventured over to the Randolph Street Market in the West Loop. I've wanted to go all summer but have been busy or out of town the other weekends it's been held. The market was amazing! There were so many neat items I wished I could have taken home with me. The vintage furniture was amazing (including the asking prices). It made me wish I had a bigger apartment and more money to furnish my place.

Aside from a plethora of furniture options, there was tons of jewelry, Schwinn bikes, vintage clothing, art, and household goods. Admission is regularly $10 but I scored a sweet discounted ticket for only $3 because I am a student. There are some perks for paying thousands of dollars for an education.

As I perused the different booths and vendors I stumbled upon an old books seller. Jackpot! I love buying books and am always on the lookout for great finds and deals. The seller had an impressive assortment of Nancy Drew, Cherry Ames, Hardy Boys, The Bobseey Twins etc. I had a difficult time choosing which books I wanted to purchase. I only brought $20 with me to be sure I curbed my spending. Ultimately, I selected a copy of Winnie the Pooh and The House at Pooh Corner. They're copyright 1926 and 1928!

Other fun things that happened this weekend: 1) My J.Crew bubble necklace found for $16 via eBaby came in the mail and 2) I started reading The Hunger Games (I know, I'm a little behind the trend but better late than never).

The only thing that would have made this weekend better was if I'd gotten my butt to church today. I'm trying to be better about consistent attendance but I'm still falling short. I've got to do better next week!

I can't believe the start of August is right around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment