Wednesday, July 25, 2012

The Statement Necklace

Adding a statement necklace to your ensemble is an easy way to be on trend without spending a lot. There are plenty of wallet-friendly options that mirror the high-end versions you love.

Forever 21 and Target are my favorite places to shop for affordable accessories. I also recently discovered Bauble Bar. Their pieces are amazing! Anna of In Honor of Design also prompted me to search for deals on eBay.

I've been lusting after the J.Crew Bubble Necklace all summer but it's price tag of $150 definitely doesn't fit my grad student budget. After reading this post by Anna, I went to eBay and searched "J.Crew Bubble Necklace". I found a kaleidoscope of color options for under $20 including shipping! My yellow bubble necklace, which I bought for $16, should be here on Friday. Bauble Bar also has a great version for only $38.

Whether you desire a piece echoing ladylike simplicity or funky originality, here are several comparable necklaces sure to fit a variety of tastes and budgets. Check out my Pinterest board for even more options!





I wrote about statement necklaces for The DePaulia: Weekend Edition last week. Click here to read my article!

4 comments:

  1. oooo i've never thought of buying them on ebay! now i'm gonna check that out!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay...I have been wanting that J Crew necklace too, but you are right-too expensive! I am so happy you posted this. I have had no idea where to find necklaces like it. Of course, now I want the $400 Kate Spade one. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could share some statement necklace love with you ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I have some new places to check out! Awesome round up my friend! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete