Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day!

Happy Memorial Day! What are you doing during this long weekend?

I've got to get my lazy butt out of bed and go running. My 5K race is less than a month away and I haven't run in three weeks. Ahhh! 

Like many red-blooded Americans, I'm using the holiday weekend to go SHOPPING (sad but true). I started off this morning with some lovely purchases from the J. Crew Factory store (50% everything online today). 

dress / sandals
Once I get back from my run, I'm headed downtown to my favorite donut shop, Firecakes. I've been craving their lemon verbena meringue donut for weeks now. After that I'm on a quest to find a pair of brown flat sandals and some fantastic summer wedges. I'm going to try and sneak in a viewing of The Great Gatsby too. 

On a more serious note, I am incredibly grateful for my ancestors who have gone before me and the brave men and women who've paid the ultimate sacrifice to preserve our freedom. It is important to reflect on past journeys if we are to find meaning and substance in our own. Be brave and fight the good fight. Those who have gone before you are cheering you on. I believe that with all of my heart.
source




No comments:

Post a Comment