Thursday, May 2, 2013

a good day in chicago


April showers have given way to rising May temperatures here in the Windy City. Blossoms are everywhere. Yesterday the temperature was perfect. The essence of spring lifted my spirits. It was a good day.


Running along Lake Michigan the fresh air took my breath away. I felt alive and free. Chicago truly is a gorgeous city. Yesterday, instead of feeling alone and insignificant, I felt a part of something bigger.


Later in the evening I visited my friends Brooke and Elise. We hung out on their rooftop in the heart of downtown. Gazing east towards Millennium Park I felt the urge to swing from building to building like Spider Man. Twenty-three floors up the surrounding architecture took on a unique, tangible sensibility.

I'm grateful for days like yesterday that offer relief from the day-to-day stress of life. A brief escape and sense of satisfaction. Peace. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you came over, we need to do that more often! Standing invite all summer long, drop by anytime, I'm always in need of a buddy to hang out with on the roof :)

    ReplyDelete