I experience periods in my life where I feeling like I'm treading water. Even though swimming (i.e. taking the time to get organized) would be a more effective, faster way to reach my destination, I get stuck spinning in circles. It's what I know how to do, despite the fact that it's not really working so well.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result. I tell myself I'll get organized but too often I don't slow down and focus long enough to make it happen.
In the spirit of Usher, these are my confessions:
- Reading a textbook while lying on my bed is a sure way to fall asleep and fall behind in class.
- Even with one set of dishes and no roommates I still have an overflowing, dirty sink.
- Working out after work rarely happens if I go home first or don't have something scheduled with a friend.
- Lying down for a "30 min" nap almost always turns into 2.5 hrs.
- Doing homework at home always takes me twice as long.
- Not making a grocery list ensures that I consistently forget at least two items I need to pick up.