Monday, July 1, 2013

Summer in the City


It's official summer. My weekend was full of fun activities in areas of the city I'd never explored. Saturday night Irish and I went to the She & Him concert at the Aragon. Talk about a peculiar venue. Inside it looked like a Bavarian kingdom. The ceiling was an inky blue complete with constellations. It felt like any moment sorcerers would come flying out.

Zooey Deschanel was amazing and M. Ward was fabulous and oddly sexy. They did a double encore and for the very last song Zooey sang "I Put a Spell on You". Phenomenal. We ran into my friend Kate at the concert so she hung out with us for the evening. After the concert we headed downtown to Grand Lux Cafe for their irresistible molten chocolate cake.

Sunday I ventured south to U.S. Cellular Field to attend my first White Sox game. My co-worker Jessica and I had never been and decided to get a group of people from work together and go. It was a perfect day at the ballpark. A mild 72 degrees plus hot dogs and cotton candy--so good.

After the game my co-worker Dana showed me around Bridgeport and we rendezvoused to Little Italy to have Mario's Italian Lemonade. I got watermelon lemon complete with real chunks of watermelon. Talk about delicious.

Summer has never been my favorite, but I have to admit Chicago in the summer is pretty fantastic. Here's to more summer fun in the city!

No comments:

Post a Comment