Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Happenings...

This weekend I spent a little too much time having fun and eating good food rather than doing my homework. Oops! 

After work Friday night I went running with Tasha (Day 3 of C25K!). On my way home I stopped at TJ Maxx where I found a fabulous, sophisticated bedding set. I wasn't sure if I could afford to buy it, plus I wanted a night to sleep on the decision, so I decided to hold off on my purchase. I crunched the numbers and to my delight, new bedding fit into my budget! 

Saturday I returned to make my purchase. For $98 I got a new comforter, two pillow shams, and three throw pillows. I was very pleased. Harper, on the other hand, wasn't too thrilled about the new bedding. Whenever I actually make my bed she tries to be mommy's little helper and consequently, gets banished to her chair. 

In other weekend adventures I finally made the tomato basil soup recipe my mom told me about from Pinterest. So good! The soup has orzzo and Greek yogurt in it, which makes for a unique texture and flavor. Irish and I also tried a new place for brunch, Meli Cafe. The banana caramel pancakes were definitely worth the hour-long wait.

Two great weekends in a row. I'll take it.

P.S. Happy 176th Birthday Chicago!

No comments:

Post a Comment