Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Wednesday Wisdom: Correct Your Mind

source
Self doubt. Fear. Depression. Anxiety. My mind is my biggest enemy.

The past few months I have been losing my battle against clinical depression. Part of it is the time of year (winter is rough), and part of it is where I'm at in my life. In an effort to get back on track, I finally took a bold leap and made an appointment to see a therapist.

I'm a strong believer in the benefits and importance of therapy but it can be very hard to help yourself, to admit that maybe you can't handle things on your own. Even though I've seen my fair share of therapists in my lifetime, it was still scary walking into a stranger's office and sharing my story, to begin to reveal my deepest issues and fears. However, finally choosing to do therapy again has also felt very liberating.

Therapy will help me regain my ability to manage my depression. I firmly believe that. I deserve to feel engaged in my own life. That's what I want the most.

1 comment:

  1. I admire you! Go, go Clarissa. :) This is me hoping and praying for better times ahead for you and all of us on the depression train. <3

    ReplyDelete