Monday, August 20, 2012

the best weekend of the summer


This weekend was the best I've had all summer. My dear friend Irish and I have finally reunited! She's been gone most of the summer visiting her family in Dubai and Manilla. I'm so happy she's back!

Friday night, I joined some friends to watch a movie in the park. Hugo was the selection for the evening. Beforehand, I knew little about the film except that it was directed by the legendary Martin Scorsese and had won several academy awards. The film is a visual masterpiece. I can only imagine how long it must have taken to produce. While it's not something I'll watch over and over it's definitely worth seeing.

Saturday, Irish and I enjoyed watching the annual Chicago Air & Water Show. It was so fun to see the Blue Angels! They are a Seattle Seafair tradition and a Fidler family favorite. After the show we enjoyed a delicious early dinner at the Grand Lux Cafe. Molten chocolate cake--that's all I have to say about that. We spent the remainder of the day hitting up wholesale accessory stores.

On Sunday, although I was late, I finally made it to church! Miracles never cease. It was wonderful to feel the spirit, partake of the sacrament, and make connections with people I know.

Here's to more great weekends!

hugo image / blue angels image

1 comment:

  1. Ahh! Just read this! It really was an awesome weekend wasn't it? :D

    ReplyDelete