Last Thursday I found the sweetest comment on my blog post. Darling Ali W. told me that not only did she love my little blog but that I'd won the Liebster Award! Say what?!
The Liebster Award is for blogs that have 200 followers or less. The word "Liebster" is German for kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, valued, cute, pleasant, endearing and welcome. It's a great opportunity to meet other bloggers and gain more followers. Such a great idea, right?
The rules for accepting the award are as follows:
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions the tagger has set for you.
3. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag with the award.
3. Choose 11 bloggers (with less then 200 followers) and tag them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them about the award (social networks accepted).
5. If you have not done so already, follow the tagger and visit at least three nominees. Spread the love! And remember, no tag backs!
One - 11 random things about me
1. As a kid I never liked summer. I know, weird right? I'm still not a big fan.
2. Daphne Du Maurier is my favorite author.
3. Utah State University, my alma matter, is very close to my heart.
4. I'm currently interning at The Everygirl.
5. My name is Clarissa and I'm a Pinterestaholic.
6. Baseball is my favorite sport. Go Mariners! Go Cubs!
7. I almost had to repeat kindergarten. My teacher thought I wasn't mature because sometimes I talked baby talk. Pretty sure I graduated high school and college at the top of my class.
8. I'm constantly torn between bold, bright colors or subdued hues when it comes to home decor.
9. My high school bestie and I have been friends for 10+ years!
10. I love reading The New York Times.
11. My nicknames include: Riss, Rissy, Rissana, Cha-Cha Racehorse, and Girlie.
Two - my answers to Ali's questions
1. Your favorite place to go in the world is: Logan, UT
2. Something weird about you that most people don’t know: I have a strange fascination with ducks.
3. Something you collected when you were little: Books. That's probably a weird thing to collect but I was a prolific reader growing up. I still love to read and love buying books.
4. If you could visit anywhere in the world, you would go to: Boston, England, and Italy.
5. Your perfect day would include: a meal at Benihana's, camping with my family and friends, and shopping
6. The most embarrassing moment of your life: Being told at a youth dance that I was flashing everyone.
7. Cooking or baking: Baking! I love, love, love to bake. Cooking just isn't as fun.
8. Biggest pet peeve: People who lie.
9. Something you LOVED as a kid: Pioneers. I dressed up and pretended to trek across the plains (my backyard). I also read endlessly about the Oregon Trail, Mormon pioneers, Abraham Lincoln etc.
10. Your favorite item of clothing at the moment: My blue and white striped Gap dress I scored for $12! It's super cute and super comfortable.
11. What you always do before you go to sleep: Brush my teeth and take my medicine. Super exciting.
Three - Q/A for the winners
1. First childhood memory:
2. Favorite book:
3. Favorite chick-flick:
4. What do you do to relax?
5. One of the items on your bucket list:
6. Salty or sweet:
7. Dream vacation:
8. Who would play you in a movie?
9. What is one of your biggest fears?
10. Favorite beauty product:
11. Best piece of advice you've ever received:
Four - the award winners (you should start following their blogs and mine too please!)