Saturday, June 30, 2012

getting in shape...gwyneth style

So it's beyond time for me to start working out on a regular basis. City living definitely equals a lot of walking; thank goodness because otherwise I'd be much more out of shape than I am.

I get regular, low impact cardio walking to and from work everyday, which is a little over 3 miles round trip. There are some mornings where I take the bus or train to work to avoid being late but I always walk home. I'd like to start running again but haven't made it happen yet.
 
Lately, I've been feeling a little squishy. My thighs could use some serious toning and my arms could stand to beef up a bit. When Gwyneth Paltrow's weekly newsletter, Goop, popped in my inbox it led me to a write-up about her Iron Man 2 workout. Her post, The Making of Pepper Potts, includes a five minute teaser video with leg exercises from her trainer, Tracy Anderson. I've included the video below.

When I get back from vacation next week I'll be starting this workout. My legs are going to be screaming: "Burn, baby burn!" I'll let you know how it goes!



P.S. If you've never checked out Goop you definitely should. It's a great lifestyle publication with something for everyone. Plus, you can't help but love Gwyneth!

No comments:

Post a Comment