Thursday, February 28, 2013

Music Musings: Elenowen

source

A few weeks ago I discovered Elenowen, a husband-wife musical duo. I can't get enough of their smooth, folksy sound and poignant, deep lyrics. This is my kind of music--Indie soul. Is that a real term? Probably not.

"The singular power of Elenowen comes from the bond that can only exist between two people who’ve known – and loved – each other for most of their lives." quote via their Facebook page  

My favorite song is "Flying for the First Time". I constantly find myself humming it throughout the day. I love how the lyrics convey the complicated mix of strength, vulnerability, and fear we experience in life.

Since my discovery of Spotify I don't buy a lot of music, but I snatched up Elenowen's EP album without hesitation.  Check out the music video and lyric video below. Amazing.

Run - Music Video



Head to My Heart - Lyric Video

No comments:

Post a Comment