Monday, October 1, 2012

Apple Picking in Wisconsin

Happy October! How was everyone's weekend? I spent my Saturday in Wisconsin picking apples with friends at an adorable farm. We also enjoyed homemade donuts, bratwurst, and apple cider shakes. It was the perfect way to usher in fall--my favorite time of the year.

Last night I made apple crisp (I've already eaten half of it!). This week I plan to make these apple recipes featured on The Everygirl. I can't wait to try the cheddar apple quick bread. Yummy!

Wisconsin is quickly becoming one of my favorite places to visit. As much as I love the city life, it's always refreshing to get out and enjoy nature. It really is a beautiful state and I'm sure more Wisconsin adventures will ensue in the coming months.

What's one of your favorite fall activities? 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. Your pictures make me SO happy. I have it on my list to go to an apple orchard / pumpkin patch / maybe a winery, too this fall.

    Also, I'm sad I missed you at the party but I don't blame you for staying home. Migraines are just awful. I'm crossing my fingers I'll be able to come to Chicago sometime again in the next few months!

    ReplyDelete